Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not so into the peas...

We started feeding Thomas rice cereal a couple of weeks ago and once he actually started swallowing some of it, we thought we would try some real food.  As you can see, Thomas wasn't so into it.  I read (and a friend told me) that you should start with green veggies so you don't introduce the most sweet stuff first, but at this point, I am not so sure he is into the green stuff ;)  Sweet potatoes or carrots may be next on our list...we will see.  I tasted the peas....I am not so into them either!!!  

Thomas is nearly sitting up now which has been fun.  He is going through a stage where he "needs" me alot.  He cries when I leave the room.  He cries when strangers hold him which is funny because he never seemed to care before.  I take him to childcare at the gym and just recently he has started to look at Alma (the caretaker at the gym) and cry his little head off.   I think he is in between mobility stages where he wants to be doing more than his body is capable of.  He is becoming more and more of a little person these days though and his personality keeps emerging.  Thomas smiles all day long, at me, at Megan (a friend who watches him) but, he rarely laughs.  When he does, I cherish it so much and keep trying to get him to laugh.  But, I do one thing one day and he laughs for a bit, and I try it the next day only to receive blank stares.  He is a serious little guy but at least he smiles a ton.  I read that at this point babies can start making sounds like "mama" and "dada."  So far all we have gotten out of Thomas are high pitched screams and fart noises where he spits all over us.  I have stopped responding to the fart noises out of fear that he thinks that is actually how we communicate as human beings.  

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Love this! So classic for him to react that way! Keep up the good work and he will be a master with the spoon in no time!

che_girl said...

OMG! Sharon, I just couldn't stop giggling at your little man's reaction to the devil green peas.