Friday, January 21, 2011

Crazy couple of months













We decided to really try to relax and enjoy the last few months before we had the baby. That didn't really go as planned because we also decided at the same time to cram as much travel and fun into the last few months as well because we know that will also get more difficult. At the beginning of Nov., Doug stayed with Thomas and Shem and I went to Big Sur. I can't believe I have lived in NorCal for 3 years and haven't been to Big Sur. We had an awesome weekend and Doug did a great job hanging with Thomas. When we got back, Thomas wanted to stay with Uncle Doug. After that trip, Shem's folks came to visit for a week over Thanksgiving which was great. Thomas LOVED playing with his Bapa Tom and MumMum. He drew a ton and read lots of books! A couple days after that we headed to Palm Springs for 5 days. We had an awesome time there as well, swimming every day, going to the Living Desert, and playing with Bapa Dan and Gma. Then after that trip, Shem took Thomas to Seattle to visit his cousins Chris, Signe, Satchel and Matt, Laura and Henry. Thomas was sick for this trip so he wasn't on his finest behavior but they had a great time anyway. I stayed home (was getting to late for me to travel much at this point) and did random nesting projects. Then, a few days after getting home from that trip, my parents came to visit for a week as well for Christmas. We had my brother over as well and it was really cozy and nice. We were stuck inside a lot because of the rain but we read lots of books again and ran around the house with my parents. Phew, now we are just chilling waiting for the baby. Oh, and a few weeks ago Thomas moved into his "big bed" which was a big deal! We had it set up next to his crib and waited until he asked to sleep in it. It's the bed that I slept in my whole life, and my parents, and 4 other generations on my Mom's side. It's a big bed for a toddler (double) but we didn't want to buy a bed only to swap him into this one in a year anyway. It's gone a lot better than I thought. He doesn't get out of bed, he just stays in there and plays. I think he just thinks it's a bigger crib. Yay! Now we moved the crib out of his room and into the babies room and he seems fine that the baby is going to take over his old bed.

No comments: