Saturday, August 9, 2008

The countdown










Baby Klein is officially due to enter the world on August 14th, 2008. Anything before that would be fine by me as well. Things are moving along and the doctors predict that I will go into labor on my own. I have this nagging feeling that I am going to go passed my due date and end up having to get induced but, I suppose I should be thinking in a more positive direction. This week has been pretty boring as we pretty much have everything ready. As usual, I was a bit too prepared, arriving at the party a few hours too early. To pass the time we have been creating
projects that are probably totally unnecessary. Shem cleaned the entire garage (although, I must say, he is actually busy and just started a new job), and hung the final things in the nursery while I have been cooking giant pots of things to freeze for post baby meals. I posted a picture of what I am looking like these days at nearly 40 weeks pregnant (40 weeks is 10 months people...why don't they tell you that???). Also, here are some pictures of the nursery which is mostly done. There will probably be some more things we want to hang on the wall but, for the most part, it is pretty much done. Since Baby Klein only exists on a certain level, we put pictures of his "friends" (babies Isaac, Charlie, and Anna) up on his bulletin board until he can be photographed and join them. Shem also did a really cute painting for the nursery that features none other than Oscar and Effie if you look closely at the bottom right. Those two will be in for the shock of their lives as we add another member to the family. We are crossing our fingers that they adjust well. I will be updating here once the little man has arrived, as well as posting pictures and updates as we reach new entertaining milestones.

6 comments:

alyssa said...

Sharon! the blog is awesome - it is so great to see all the details in the nursery and you look AMAZING :) and yeah seriously, why do they always call pregnancy 9 months? lol

Anonymous said...

Shar, what a great idea!!!

I'll be coming by every day to "look in on ya.

Anonymous said...

I love that you have this. I will be stalking it daily! Ha ha... Good luck with everything and I am looking forward to the big day!

Anonymous said...

OMG.. another thing too read... LOL!! :) Now I HAVE to check in daily... ;) Can't wait for that baby to arrive!!!! Still sticking to August 13th... Hang in there Sharon!! The 9 (sorry...10) months of waiting are ALMOST over!! Hugs from Arlette & Rufy

che_girl said...

Sharon, let's get BABY KLEIN out! Doesn't he know he is fully cooked and should come out of his little oven?:)
I am thinking of you and hope that your little prince will make his grand entrance soon!

Cheers to you for a happy and safe birth day!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
LOVE that baby bag hanging on the crib....so you!